Learning your roll and practicing it in a nice warm pool is the best way to become proficient before heading out to the river. There are no instructors at the roll. practices however bringing your own mentor and learning from everyone else in the pool is par for the course. You must be a Chota member. The cost is $5 per person per session.
Each participant must sign a YMCA waiver when signing in, and a Chota Waiver once a year. Online Insurance Waiver
- Cost is $5/session for club members, $15/session for non-club members
- Sign up ahead of time on the Chota Website calendar to make it easier for all. Save the confirmation email that is sent to you and be able to show if needed.
- Pool is reserved until 8:30, and we must be clear of the deck and locker room by 9PM. Please be respectful to the Y staff and have all your gear and persons outside before 9PM.
- Make sure your boat is clean before getting in the water!
- No more than 25 folks are allowed in the pool at one time, so if it is a busy night be prepared to take turns; if you are done practicing skills, please exit the pool to allow for others to take advantage of the pool time for paddling related activities.
Pilot Family YMCA, 400 North Winston Road, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States, 37909